This matching will give us 7 important points out of 36 points.
We have already read in previous posts about six different matching area. Now we are entering into two most important aspects of Horoscope Matching - Bhakkot and Nadi. These yoga or dosha are given very high importance across the country and the two yoga alone contibute 15 points out of 36. As we expect at least 18 points for the marriage, these 15 points take us very close for the marriage. Also, if the two donot match and we get 18 or more points, it will not be considered as good match. Henceforth, if you want to take quick decision whether the match is suitable or not, it is always recommended to match Nadi and Bhakoot followed by other matching.
Now a days, we have softwares to match the horoscopes but no software actually recommends marriage. Rather no software can actually decide for the marriage as Horoscope matching is much more than just Ashtkoo Milan. Hence, we will not just stop at Ashtkoot Milan and shall also enlighten our readers about other yoga like Manglik yoga etc.
Bhakoot Matching is again the matching of Moon Signs. In Bhakoot matching, we see placement of Moon with respect to each other. For example, if Moon of Boy is in Aries sign and Moon of Girl is in Libra Sign; we will say that the Moon of Girl is placed in 7th from Boy's Moon hence they are in 1-7 position. Similarly if Moon's are placed in Cancer and Capricorn, they will be again in 1-7 position as counting from Cancer to Capricorn give us seven number.
There are total 6 types of relationship which are as under:-
1) 1-7 position:For example, Aries and Libra. Taurus and Scorpio. Gemini and Sagittarius. Cancer and Capricorn. Leo and Aquarius. Virgo and Pisces.
2) 3-11 postion. For example, if Moon's of Boy and Girl are placed in Aries (1) and Aquarius (11), they will be placed in 3-11 position from each other. Because when we count from Aries to Aquarius we get 11 number and from Aquarius to Aries we get 3 numer hecne 3-11. It does not matter which one is for Boy and which one is for Girl. Taurus and Pisces. Gemini and Aries. Cancer and Taururs. Leo and Gemini. Virgo and Scorpio. Libra and Leo. Scorpio and Capricorn. Sagittarius and Aquarius.
3) 4-10 position: For example, Aries and Cancer signs. Taurus and Leo. Gemini and Virgo. Cancer and Libra. Leo and Scorpio. Virgo and Sagittarius. Libra and Capricorn. Scorpio and Aquarius. Sagittatius and Pisces. Aquarius and Taurus. Pisces and Gemini.
4) 2-12 position: For example Aries and Pisces
5) 6-8 position: For example Aries and Virgo or Aries and Scorpio
6) 5-9 position: For example Aries and Leo or Aries and Sagittarius or Taurus and Virgo etc.
1-7, 3-11, 4-10 are considered good and positive but 2-12, 5-9 and 6-8 are not auspicious. Especially 6-8 is very inauspicious.
2-12 matching is rejected because it indicates unnecesasary expenses and disputes related to wealth management.
5-9 is though auspcious in general but it is rejected in marriage as it inauspicious for material growth.
6-8 is highly inauspcious as it indicates serious enmity and loss of spouse.
Point System in Bhakoot: We give full 7 points for 1-7, 4-10 and 3-11 positions. We give zero points for rest of the three positions. But when the signs are friendly to each other, we give half i.e. 4 points. To check for the signs relationship, please refer to previous post of Graha Maitri Vichar.
Cancellations for Bhakoot Dosha
Some classical texts states that when Nadi dosha is absent and we get minimum required points i.e. 18 points, we can accept Bhakoot dosha. Please see that when there is no Nadi and Bhakoot Dosha and Moon sign lords are either same or friendly to each other, we will consider the match highly acceptable. We personally do not accept such cancellations unless marriage is badly desried.
There are some classical references which consider Bhakoot dosha getting cancelled when Moon Sign lords are in debilitation. But, we again do not recommend such philoshpy to our readers.
S Kuber RA
Vedic Astrologer and Lal Kitab Expert